Is a permit required?
Los Angeles County requires permits for most film shoots on location or in studio. A permit is usually not required if the shoot is not for commercial purposes, or is filmed entirely handheld using ambient lighting. Depending on the size of your crew, or any special safety concerns for stunts or exterior shots, they may require an on-site police or fire officer at an additional fee. We do NOT require a copy of your permit, though you are responsible for determining if your shoot requires a permit, and obtaining it before your shoot. We are not liable for any expenses incurred, or refunding studio rental fees, if your production is halted by a police or fire dept official.
Liability and Insurance
You are responsible for your own insurance to cover damage & liability, and agree to replace or reimburse for damage within 48 hours. Also, this is a working sound stage and construction zone, so there may be loose nails, sharp edges, power tools, wet paint, etc. While we make every effort to ensure a safe environment, use of the studio is at your own risk and liability.
One Star’s Light Studios must be listed as an additional insured on your policy.
- Injuries must be reported to studio staff immediately. Incident form must be filled out.
- Damage to studio, equipment, or flats must be reported before end of rental.
- No Smoking inside studio, only outside in designated smoking area. No Drugs on premises.
- No open flames or pyrotechnics without approval.
- No spray painting indoors. All other painting MUST follow painting rules (proper taping, dropcloths, and minimum 2 coats of paint).
- 4-foot perimeter fire lanes around sets must be kept clear at all times.
- Prop weapons brought onsite must be inspected by studio staff.
- Modifications to existing flats must be approved by studio staff.
- Cleaning Checklist: Empty Trash, Remove Food from Fridge, Clean Coffee Machine (if used), Wipe Counters & Any Spills, Sweep Floors If Needed
7 Spaces are included in rental. Additional street parking is available. Please use only spaces labeled for studio.
Vehicles in studio
A small car or truck may be brought into the studio, however the following restrictions apply per Fire Marshal:
- Ignition off
- Battery disconnected
- Tank less than 1/4 full
Furniture in office area should not be moved to soundstage without prior permission from studio representative.